VP of IT (m/f) - Berlin
XL Engine are exclusively working with one of Berlin's fastest growing and successful start-ups (ok, maybe not anymore, but we'll go with that..) to help take on a new VP of IT.
This is a new role being built into the business that will report into the CTO to take control over the internal IT functions and run the Internal across the company, improving efficiency and productivity within their Global IT support and operations.
You will be coming into a role where you're direct reports are the guys doing this currently. We need someone who can bring this all together, understanding the challenges of scale from both a technical and strategic view to help grow the Internal IT Operations team and functions over the next few years.
As a Global Brand operating in over 30 countries worldwide, we need a VP of IT who has experience of building a World Class IT Operations architecture within a high-growth consumer focussed business.
We're looking for a unique individual as we will expect that you will have come from a Technical Background and still can get your hands dirty (if it was really needed), however your main duties will be in Scaling the IT Operations functions and teams to create a more productive and reliable system to support 4000 employees globally.
Our VP of IT will also need to have come from a high-growth company, ideally within the e-commerce or another extremely user centric product and understand the needs not only of the IT functions, but also looking at architecture and design the internal IT system which is disaster proof, secure and reliable to meet the compliance and standards.
You will also be responsible for identity and access management, compliance, auditing and other operational parts. You also need to take care of the budgets, vendor selections, software selections etc.
We also need our VP of IT with experience of building an internal structure that's ready for a potential IPO, looking at the audits and making sure that we're ready for IPO when the time presents itself.
If you've previously had experience of taking a business through IPO and have set up an internal IT and security infrastructure to support that transition, this is exactly what we're looking for.
Skills + Experience:
- Experience of building or transforming internal IT and Security infrastructure strategy within a high-growth start-up, SME or Recently IPO business
- Previously helped a business be IPO ready, ideally having gone through a successful IPO previously and understanding Audits to help this
- Worked with a large partner and vendor network and can negotiate and manage suppliers
- Have previously worked in a "start-up" environment and have championed change from start-up to SME (or beyond)
- Demonstrable experience of increasing internal productivity through changes you've delivered