Vertex Solutions are currently seeking a number of DevOps Engineers to be based in London for an initial six months. The successful candidates will be part of an exciting project with one of our global banking clients.
You must have extensive experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Python and Bash. Ideally looking for a full stack developer in terms of background.
In addition to this, you must have the following competencies:
* A strong AWS knowledge and understanding
* Experience of development in a Java/JEE environment with strong SQL
* Working experience with WebSphere Application Server or WebLogic
* Demonstrate a current knowledge of latest DevOps tooling and practices.
* Experience of containerisation, ideally using Docker/Kubernetes.
* Experience of deploying to a public cloud, ideally using AWS.
* Experience of automated software configuration, ideally using Ansible.
* Experience of Continuous Integration (CI) tooling, ideally using Jenkins
* Strong Linux system administration skills, predominantly RHEL.
* Have AWS infrastructure experience, implement agreed architectural improvements, fix production issues.
Your responsibilities as a DevOps Engineer will include:
* Delivering a CI pipeline
* Liaising between developers, test and product teams
* Working on the deployment of vendor agnostic federated infrastructure
£500-£700 per day depending on experience.