Vertex solutions is working with a large banking client based in London. Who are currently looking for an Information security architect
Info Security Architect: part of a team that provides strategic direction and advice on good security architecture in response to the Bank's appetite to risk, changes in the threat landscape, and industry best practice.
Activities: What does the jobholder have to do?
The role involves the following core activities:
* Working with project and associated technology teams across the org and the wider bank, to ensure that security infrastructure is in place
* Ensure that the security infrastructure can support the overall security of applications and the underlying network and provided to the org
* Adhere to internal security standards and industry best practice.
* Specifying requirements and designing systems and processes to meet control objectives in key security domains.
* Work with application and network architects and input into change projects where new products are bought in or changes are made to existing applications or infrastructure
* Respond to challenges presented by IT from use of new technologies
* In tandem with the security consultancy team appraise the IT team (Application Support/Development, Infrastructure, IT Architects) of existing and new Security infrastructure or Policies pertaining to infrastructure.
Qualifications: What training or qualifications are required to do the job/role?
- Formal security architecture qualifications (CCNP, Amazon, CSSK, Microsoft Azure, Akami)
* Advanced security qualifications (e.g. M.Sc., CCNP, SANS GIAC)
Technical Competence: What are the specific skills/ style and abilities required of the job/ role?
* Knowledge of Web Proxies, Virtualization Technologies, Cisco networking, and storage switching.
* Experience of conducting RFI and RFP exercises
* Experience of implementing security architecture at programme level with technical knowledge to drive the programme forward
* Solid understanding of security architecture principles and development of security system roadmaps
* Knowledge of industry best practice standards and security regulations including ISO27000 series, SOX regulations, and Data Protection regulations.
* Knowledge of global financial regulatory expectations around Information Security