My client, a global financial services organisation, is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to work closely with developers and develop automated tests as well as execute exploratory tests in order to ensure product quality on Java backend Systems. Looking for someone who has exposure to RESTful API, BDD and basic knowledge of Java experience to join their team in London.
* Review user stories and technical solutions to provide timely and meaningful feedback
* Help create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured acceptance criteria
* Estimate, prioritise, plan, and coordinate testing activities
* Design, develop and execute automated tests using open source tools
* Detect, identify and help fix defects.
* Proven working experience in software development
* Proven working experience in software quality assurance
* Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
* Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive acceptance criteria
* Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
* Hands-on experience writing automated test using open source testing tools
* Basic knowledge of Java
* Experience testing RESTful APIs
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
* Understanding of BDD and continuous delivery
* Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
* Previous experience with MongoDB database is a plus
* Experience with Splunk is a plus
* Experience with AWS is a plus
This is a 6 months' initial contract, likely to extend, paying between £350 - £450 per day.
Great team environment and a great opportunity.
If you feel you are suitable for the role please forward a copy of an up to date CV.