Global financial organisation urgently seeks a technically excellent DevOps engineer with oustanding AWS cloud experience and a solid background in Digital / Mobil eenvironments within large scale enterprise level organisations (ideally banking).
You will be part of a team building a new platform to host and run a market leading seriesof new financial applications across digital and mobile areas. As a digital DevOps engineer you will be part of a team moving the entire development platform onto AWS.
key technologies are Ansible, Terraform, Datadog, AWS, Github Enteprise, Jenkins Enterprise, Nexus, Selenium, Slack, Node.js, Jira, Confluence.
As DevOps Engineer you will:
* Have a detailed knowledge of deployment, automation, orchestration, and monitoring tools
* Experience in highly available, highly scalable architectures
* Knowledge of SAML
* Have experience designing and building in the cloud (ideally AWS / Azure)
* Proven track-record in leading technology evaluation and adoption
* Be comfortable working within an agile, multidisciplinary team.
* Be a clear communicator, document your work, and share your ideas but also be open to giving and receiving feedback.
* Ask 'why', be inquisitive, and want to solve interesting problems
* Be prepared to challenge the status quo and always be pushing for smarter ways of working
* Must have technical skills
* Orchestration: Ansible
* AWS: Lambda, Auto-Scaling, Networking
* Desirable Technical Skill
* LM: Splunk, ELK
* APM: Datadog/ New Relic
* Bash, Powershell, python
* Maven, Ant
* Exposure to emerging technologies in Cloud and Mobile space is desirable
* Influence and champion new ideas and methods
* Experience in build and configuration management
* Great communication - convey your thoughts, ideas and opinions clearly and concisely face-to-face or virtually to all levels up and down stream
* And equally important - you listen and reflect back what others communicate to you
* Be flexible under pressure
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent organisational skills
* Ability to communicate with non-technical people
ONLY candidates who have ALL of the relevant experience with strong DevOps, Strong AWS, Jenkins, Cloud, Terraform AND good experience in the Digital/Mobile areas of major organisations (ideally banks) will be replied to.