Major global bank urgently seek an experienced and mature Technical and Hands On Infrastructure Project Manager with a strong mix of Unix server, data, Linux and database infrastructure coupled with roll out of applications onto that infrastructure particularly in the Hadoop, Cloudera, Big Data/Machine learning area.
You should be able to show a strong background in large scale infrastructure delivery programmes at enterprise level organisations ideally in banking. You MUST be able to face off to vendors, be involved with Proof of concepts, testing, server and data implementations and should understand all issues surrounding the roll out of software applications into complex infrastructure environments. In particular solid knowledge of Redhat Linux, Hadoop, Cloudera and Big Data / Machine Learning would be highly beneficial.
It is essential that you still regard yourself as hands on and are able and to log into servers, carry out demands, do shell scripting and help out technically if required in the team
The Technical Project Manager will have a strong proven track record in managing infrastructure technology within the financial services sector, be able to work with and where required influence engineering functions, understand the SDLC and how to stand up 3rd party products, tools and databases. The candidate must be well versed with Hadoop/ Cloudera and tools supporting this technology.
* Managed infrastructure delivery projects
* Matrix managed technical leads/ people both on and off shore
* Full understanding of the SDLC lifecycle
* Ability to present potentially complex solutions to key stakeholders and positions of influence e.g. Director or Managing Director Sponsors
* Ability to design efficient technical solutions based on business requirements e.g. Hadoop/ Cloudera and associated technologies
* Full understanding of the infrastructure technology stack from application - middleware - data stores
* Understand system integrations
* Full understanding of hosted services for any application tier
* Full understanding of application scaling and configuration tools/ techniques
* Full understanding of databases, egs: Oracle
* Working knowledge of RedHat OpenShift
* Working knowledge of Linux containers and management thereof by software such as Docker
* Working knowledge of container orchestration and runtime management by software such as Kubernetes (by Google)
* Weekly status updates to GIST Programme Manager
* Creation and amendments to infrastructure design documents
* Issue & Risk tracking and collation to central RAID log working with central PMO
* Bug tracking, creation, reporting through standard DB tool set (i.e. Jira and HP ALM) in conjunction with project managers, development and test staff
* Establishing and hosting workshops with key stakeholders through the evolution of the implementation of environments
* Finance forecast and projections for infrastructure stack.
* Minimum 7 years of experience (VP equivalent)
* Fluent in English (written/verbal).
* Experience in IT change projects and a project/programme environment.
* Experience in a financial domain (capital markets, transaction banking, wealth management) and/or related support functions.
* Good analytical and problem solving experience and ability to provide insights and solutions.
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Organised and ability to commit and prioritise work duties and tasks.
* Excellent communication and documentation/presentation skills.
* Self-motivated with ability to work in virtual teams and matrix/global organisations demonstrating collaboration and sharing capabilities.
* Knowledge of MS Office products.
* Knowledge of delivering technical and/or operational solutions in Anti Financial Crime in the Financial Services Industry
* Ability to work with virtual teams and matrix organisations
* Ability to work in a rapidly developing and changing environment
* Knowledge of Oracle, SQL, Hadoop
* Preferable: Knowledge of Requirements Management Tools (Jama), Task Management Tools (Jira), Test Management Tools (HP ALM)
* Led key infrastructure transformation programs in Technology
* Experienced in Investment Banking Risk divisions (inclusive of Technology) delivery programmes
ALL Experienced Technical Infastructure project managers who still have hands on technical knowledge in Unix, Server, hadoop, Cloudera type areas AND are able to take complete ownership of project deliverables from project scoping to planning and implementation including facing off to vendors, budget control and application roll out should apply now. ONLY candidates with solid exposure to Hadoop and/or Cloudera will be considered.