Vertex Solutions are currently working with a large banking client in London who are looking for an AIM Team Lead.
AIM Regional Team Lead provides technical leadership throughout the lifecycle of a project, with specific focus on API, Microservices and Integration in the solution ecosystem. The selected individual will have the right technical and architectural experience to drive design and implementation of an APIs & Microservices platform. Implementation and Development experience in Integration technologies and architectures (for e.g., Service Orchestration, Service Choreography, Event Driven Architecture, Messaging middleware, etc) is necessary.
They will act as the AIM Practice frontman. They will be excellent communicators and "sell" the AIM Practices internally while making sure that external partners align to the same practices.
* 10-12 years overall experience in professional software engineering. Working experience as a consultant across several domains/firms with an exposure to different technology platforms and architecture models is a huge plus
* 3+ years in the architect and/or lead engineer role managing, building and delivering business solutions (e.g. in Payments, Digital banking, Cards etc.)
* Ability to work well with diverse and cross geo technical & process teams
* Strong communication skills and able to successfully articulate technology concepts to both business and technology audience
* Must have a stable work background with design, development & integration experience on cloud platforms (i.e. AWS, Azure) in a continuous delivery environment
* Expert understanding in Java/J2EE/Spring Suite, Spring Boot, HashiCorp Stack, Splunk, ELK Stack etc.
* Implementation and Development experience in Integration technologies and architectures (for e.g., Service Orchestration, Service Choreography, Event Driven Architecture, Messaging middleware, etc.)
* Experience in defining Microservices (service decomposition, choreography design, state persistence, interaction model, etc.) taking into account business, legal and compliance requirements
* Experience in reviewing technical decisions and articulate pros/cons of technology options based on personal experience, industry knowledge, and best practice
* Expert level experience with REST web services , open API development, and SOA concepts and Solid understanding of the design patterns
* 2+ years of Mulesoft Anypoint API Gateway experience across API lifecycle development & management or similar API gateway products such as APIGEE, MASHERY, etc.
* Hands on experience building APIs using SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, JMS, WS, etc.
* Experience in API Gateway infrastructure planning, installation and upgrades across multiple countries
* Hands-on experience in implementing API Security and Access control (SPNEGO-TAI, OAuth, SAML, SSL) etc
* Experience in Developer Process Automation (CI/CD & Code Management) like tuning and utilizing tools, such as, Jenkins, GitHub,Perforce, Docker etc
* Experience in the design of cloud native applications
* Experience with Service Virtualization, Functional and Performance Tests, BDD, TDD is a big plus.
* Provide technical leadership to a team of Engineers
* Understanding requirements from IT & Engineering teams and translation to stories.
* Design, Develop & Architect Integration solutions
* Build APIs and micro-services that solve impactful business problems
* Work in an agile CI/CD environment to deliver rapid iterations at a sustained velocity
* Design the prototype application, indicating unit structure and coordinate application plans with the development team or IT & Engineering teams
* Utilize deep understanding of Microservices solutions to make appropriate decisions
* Identify and help manage risk on project
* Coordinate globally dispersed development, QA, deployment and reuse
* Maintain a strong understanding of industry and enterprise-wide trends
* Be an excellent communicator. Socialise the AIM Practices with internal customers and external partners
Provide solution leadership and quickly escalate issues