Vertex Solutions are currently working with a large banking client in London who are looking for an experienced Communications Manager.
The Communications Manager reports into the Practice Lead and looks after all aspects of communicating and socialising, developments within the bank and towards the general public.
Communications - Ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders at IT Exco level, peers in AIM team, enterprise and data architects, GB/GF API Leads, Service Line Leads and their API Delivery Teams. Experience in effective use of collaboration tools (e.g. Confluence) for documentation work and presentation tools (e.g. MS PowerPoint) is essential.
Technology - Basic skills and capabilities in API, Integration and Microservices Engineering to provide a "helicopter view" in Design, Development & Architecture of integration solutions based on key technologies such as REST, API Gateways and Management Platforms, Cloud-native stack, etc.
Be passionate about Business Value - be biased to delivering business value rather than being task orientated (check box). Need to be relentless in enforcing the right thing to do. Fix problems and don't circumvent them. Align to group practice but be passionate about agile delivery Mindset.
Be a people person. Excel at communicating both technical and business concepts to technical and non-technical people and at selling idea where different stakeholders might have competing priorities.
* Identify and engage key communications stakeholders across the bank from Senior Management, Enterprise Architecture, Data
* Architecture and API developer communities.
* Develop a communications plan encompassing appropriate mix of communication channels including but not limited to
* Regular newsletters
* Podcast-style engagement calls
* Townhalls, Roadshows and Engagement workshops
* Interviews with key stakeholders (e.g. 5 questions in 5 minutes)
* Create communications decks for API delivery strategy in consultation with and for consumption of senior stakeholders, mainly
* Exec level decks, as per AIM's API Reporting Framework.
* Ensure alignment with overall enterprise wide corporate communications, branding and consistent layouts, style and timing. At the same time leverage and reuse existing communications channels available and used by API Transformation Programmes across the enterprise.
* Define and maintain FAQ and News pages to communicate with developer and API practitioner communities.
Any other activity asked by the Practice Lea