Vertex Solutions are currently working with a global banking client who are looking for a Secuirty Engineer to join them in London for an initial 6 month contract.
We are looking for a skilled Security Engineer to analyse software designs and implementations from a security perspective, and identify and resolve security issues. You will include the appropriate security analysis, defences and countermeasures at each phase of the software development lifecycle, to result in robust and reliable software.
* Implement, test and operate advanced software security techniques in compliance with technical reference architecture
* Perform on-going security testing and code review to improve software security
* Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise
* Provide engineering designs for new software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
* Maintain (security specific) technical documentation
* Consult team members on secure coding practices
* Develop a familiarity with new tools and best practices
* Proven work experience as a software security engineer
* Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
* Software development experience in one of the following core languages: Java, Kotlin, Swift
* Adequate knowledge of web and mobile related technologies (Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
* Interest in all aspects of security research and development