Major global bank urgently seeks a Senior and technically outstanding Bank-end Java developer / team lead with strong focus on security engineering, threat modelling, cyber security exploits to join one of their mobile banking teams and help to deliver next generation banking solutions and architecture in the mobile and web arena.
Technically you MUST be an experienced and talented Java back end developer with strong experience in areas like Cloud, AWS, BDD/TDD, CI/CD and a full range of associated tools but with the emphasis for the role on Security Engineering and threat prevention in the development of new systems, applications and apps.
The role requires
Senior Java Engineers to help build and run a new architecture to underpin online banking, with a focus on areas like security engineering, threat modelling and cyber security exploits. We are moving away from the monolithic architectures of the past to a new microservices platform. You will be part of a cross functional product team delivering products into production in ever shortening cycles and helping to drive the continuous improvement of our processes, tooling and engineering practices.
As a Senior Java Engineer you will:
* Be able to demonstrate you can lead, motivate, mentor and coach teams of Engineers
* Have strong experience building highly productive teams of technically talented engineers
* Focus on security engineering, threat modelling, cyber security exploits
* Demonstrate a deep, hands on knowledge of TDD and BDD techniques
* Knowledgeable about software development, take enjoyment from progressing your expertise, exploring new advancements, and helping your colleagues understand them and their value
* Familiar with a couple of different languages, and well-versed in at least one
* Keen to collaborate with others, and you'll give thought about how software fits into the bigger picture
* Experienced in Continuous Delivery practices and how they affect product quality and delivery
* Familiar with different types of infrastructure components, such as data-stores and middleware, and be able to select and combine them appropriately
* Experienced with a range of agile practices and understand how and why they work
* Experienced at operational aspects of launching and keeping a successful product running in the real world
We promote a DevOps culture so you will need to look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build.
You should be comfortable with pair programming, including with people from different disciplines such as Developers in Test and Platform Engineers. You will need to work well with non-technical team members and be able to focus on what needs to be built, and understand why.
Tools / Methodologies
* CI/CD - tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
* Spring and Tomcat
* Security engineering, threat modelling, cyber security exploits
* PaaS/IaaS -Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Mule API gateway
* DevOps processes and experience
* Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
* Agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
ALL experienced back-end Java developers with as many of the above listed skills and relevant senior / team lead level experience in Java development teams should apply now. Due to high volumes candidates who DO NOT have the bulk of these skills from large enterprise level organisations will not be responded to.